The World Ju-Jitsu Championships held on the Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Congratulations Team Australia: 5 Gold Medals, 7 Silver Medals, and 9 Bronze Medals
- Sport jujitsu masters division – Lades: GOLD – Suzanne Foster … BRONZE – Joanne Middleton
- Sport jujitsu masters division – Men’s: GOLD – Mark Hodson and Joe Bracks … SILVER – Darren Higgs … BRONZE – Shaun Taylor
- Sport Jujitsu division – Ladies: SILVER – Loren Chaplin and Siri Szlezak … BRONZE – Suzanne Foster and Teresa Spencer-Salt
- Sport Jujitsu division – Men’s: SILVER – Mitchell Dunn … BRONZE – Moti Ram and Brett Griffiths
- Individuals grappling (BJJ) division – Ladies: SILVER – Siri Szlezak … BRONZE – Loren Chaplin
- Individuals grappling (BJJ) division – Men’s: GOLD – William Dalmann … SILVER- Michael Thomson … BRONZE Conor Dallmann and Ramon Stubbs
- Country sport jujitsu team division – Ladies: Australia did have a team in this division however Teresa Spencer-Salt was released to compete with team Great Britain who won the SILVER medal
- Country sport jujitsu team division – Men’s: Australia won SILVER in this event medals awarded to: William Dallmann, Mitchell Dunn, Conor Dallmann, Michael Thomson, Mark Hodson, Brett Griffiths and Ramon Stubbs
- Demonstration team event: the GOLD medal was awarded to Australia
Note – The total event medal results are available on the WCJJO website
Australian Team Captain: Matthew Cugola, Vice Captain: Moti Ram
Australian Officials took on a major role throughout the championships… Arbitration, Refereeing and Judging: Roger Quick; Refereeing: Jim Stackpoole and Steffi-Louise Stackpoole; Gordon Griffiths and Nick Donato; Judging: Jody Whymark; Gary Taylor; Lee Hayes; Ben James; Admin/Table Officials: Lynne Quick; Meladee Stackpoole; Norm McInerney; Jacinta Nagle, Tyler McInerney, and Ronald Middleton. Medical Officer: Dr Amy Stoke, Medical Support: Dr Adam Szlezak, Suzanne Foster and Kylie Taylor; Mat Coordination: Chris Bruschi and Photographer: Greg Elkenhans. Special support: Joy Griffiths and Shaynee Taylor.
Roger Quick (Australian Director and WCJJO Vice President) welcomed Mr Michael Hart Member MP for Burleigh (LNP) Shadow Minister for Housing and Public Works, Energy, Innovation and Digital Technology; who gave a warm welcome to overseas, inter-state and Queensland participants. This was followed by a special welcoming presentation of aboriginal cultural dance from the Bungarre family of the Yugumbeh language group of the Bundjalung nation; the taking of the oath on behalf of officials and competitors, and welcome to the championships by WCJJO President Michael McGarry from England.
After completion of all competition on Sunday afternoon, competitors and guests adjourned to the Star Gold Coast for an evening of dining and enjoyment.