Membership – To achieve and retain accreditation you do need to be a member within either a member school or an associate member school of the AJF – refer to either ‘Find a School’ or ‘Membership’ on this website.
Course Registration and Cost – To register, complete and submit the course registration form. The cost is $310.00 for attending the Level 1 or the level 2 course. Registration and payment is required to be received in full not later than five weeks before the advertised course date – payment options and details are included on the registration form. Course registration includes:
- All course materials
- Morning and afternoon tea (lunch is not provided)
- Coaching accreditation upon satisfactory completion of the course and post course requirements
- Linked to your school, accreditation is valid for four-years.
Please note: Registrations are not transferable between parties and if you are unable to attend please see the AJF Refund and Cancellation Policy. Refund and Cancellation Policy – The AJF Refund policy is limited to the following circumstances and time-frames:
- Notification of withdrawal in writing 4 weeks prior to course date REFUND LESS $ 25.00
- Notification of withdrawal less than 4 weeks prior to course date NO REFUND. Where due to special and unavoidable circumstance consideration may be given to providing a credit, less $75.00 towards the next available course within 18 months.
All coaches 18-years and over are required to hold or obtain evidence of having satisfied the appropriate clearance stipulated in the State or Territory in which you coach. This evidence may be provided at or after the course prior to issue of accreditation.
- First Aid Certificate HLTAID0003
Level 2 accredited coaches are required to hold a St. John or equivalent First Aid Certification (HLTAID0003), previously known as Apply first aid or Senior first aid. Confirmation may be provided at or after the course prior to issue of accreditation.
An accredited coach will be coaching within a member or associate member school that has provided evidence of: grade and lineage for the head of that school in Australia; formal structure; satisfactory rules of grading; and details of the schools criteria for grade progression.
Note. This criteria has already been satisfied by all ‘member schools’, and many ‘associate member schools’ and if not already satisfied may be provided after the course prior to issue of accreditation.
Within the approved AJF program of accreditation Level 1 and Level 2 may be achieved through satisfactory completion of this course. Note. A person is not required to first attend a level 1 course if they qualify to attend Level 2.